24 May 2010

Katarina Sopčić




At first sight Katarina's work looks like a bright gold nugget shinning between black pebbles. Everything is so intimate and for so we believe that maybe there will be a portrait of us in the next page (of course you'll have to be lucky enough to make that happen).


We: Where are you from and what do you do?

Katarina: I am born in Serbia, but lived in different places, I got my b.a degree in Visual Design in Florence, IT and I am currently living in Munich, trying to make it as independent artist.

W: What does art mean to you?

K: To me art is a mean or a tool to express oneself in so many different ways you know or learn. Currently my tool for expression is photography, but I would not say that is my only interest.

W: Where do you find inspiration?

K: I am always looking for inspiration,Inspiration is everywhere. For example I find it in people I know or don't know, people interest me the most, all of us have different backgrounds and stories so If you just bother to look around - someone must come as truly inspiring.

W: Which are your favourite artists?

K: Robert Dosnieu, Juergen Teller,Federico Fellini...

W: Any future plans?

K: Dunno, all is good as it is now.



You'll find more about Katarina and her work at her web and flickr












5 comments:

  1. we <3 Katarina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog!!! Congratulations! From now, I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog!!! Congratulations! From now, I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice grain and processing.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails