5 Oct 2010

Valeria Cherchi




Lately we've been moving around italian artists and we found a special gifted sardinian girl called Valeria. Just by taking a look to her stream we can see something special, pictures where we believe have been imagined first and tested later. The result? Well, soft lightning, smooth colours, black & white's full of grain and lovely projects all mixed in a personal view of our world and all those things we find around us.



We: Where are you from and what do you do?

Valeria: I am from a small Sardinian village where I am temporarily based after have lived for 4 years in Rome.
There I received my degree in Industrial Design. At the moment I am half student and half freelance photographer.

W: What does art mean to you?

V: Although I have studied art history for some time, and really love it in its most educational sense. I still can't fully define it. I don't feel as an artist and I don't appreciate people who use the term inappropriately, only when they do not know "what" they really are.



W: Where do you find inspiration?

V: Tons of things, natural lights, movies, music, the American world, paintings, fashion, dreams...
but lately, the thing that most inspires me is my childhood.

W: Which are your favourite artists?

V: David Lynch is my favourite of all time, but they ofen vary...lately I really love the paintings of the British painter Leonard Campbell Taylor and the works of a young fashion designer Mariel Manuel, she has such an incredible talent (and an amazing fantasy)!

W: Future plans?
V: I am planning to move to London in a few months to study Fashion Photography.


You'll find more about Valeria and her work at her flickr and website.















1 comment:

  1. Aquest final és casi d'Ansel Adams!

    oh... Sardignia... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails