14 Jul 2010

Jonathan Jacques




Refined appears in the dictionary as "free of impurities; purified". Jonathan's work comes to us as pure fresh air, with it's soft tones and thoughtful mood portraits. We could wish to find more words to describe his pictures, but we believe no one can explain how being in heaven is.

Where are you from and what do you do?
I live in Brussels. I don’t really know what I’m doing there, but I like it.

What does art mean to you?
Without art, life would be vague. Art is an ode to existence.

Where do you find inspiration?
It finds me, I’m just a victim shooting as a form of self-defense.

Which are your favorite artists?
Really, there are so much good artists, it’s impossible to name a few without wanting to add another. So I’ll just name one, John Everett Millais, for his portraits of children.

Plans for the future?
To make an image that has such a disturbing high amought of unspeakable, almost unrecognizable beauty, I simultaneously wished I never made it. Preferably would happen in a far, far away future, two weeks before I die.


You'll find more about Jacques and his work at his flickr and website.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails