17 Jun 2010

Higinia Garay




We: Where are you from and what do you do?

Higinia: I’m from Bilbao and I work as an illustrator and graphic designer.


W: What does art mean to you?

H: I suppose that art is so subjective that it will never end up having a definition that satisfies everybody. However, this is what makes art an inexhaustible and indescribable machine about the useless. What is art to me? Well, it is a driving force, means creation and evasion, but above all is PLAYING and laughing at life. The tool that makes me free.


W: Where do you find inspiration?

H: Generally in popular culture, old and modern. I love the folklore of all different world civilizations, as well as the way in which modern societies find the way to subjective expression, people who draws on the wall “so-and-so I love you” and that kind of things. And obviously in music, which is a key in all my illustrations.


W: Which are your favourite artists?

H: I love the artists that you have on the blog, Ryan McGinley and Spike Jonze. As illustrators I must mention Apak Studio (the way the use colours is just amazing), the sensual girls of Audrey Kawasaki and the irreverence of Bansky.


You can find more about Higinia at her website.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails